Since 2006, we have been worshiping the Triune God of the Holy Scriptures in the city of Irvine. Our congregation is multi-generational and multi-ethnic. We have many young families with children and are a church committed to training these children in the knowledge of the Lord Jesus Christ.
purpose AND VISION
Our purpose is to preach and spread the Gospel of Jesus Christ. The Gospel is the declaration that Jesus Christ, the Son of God, lived, died and rose from the dead. Through faith alone the benefits of the work of Jesus Christ are communicated to us. Therefore, we preach the Gospel from the text of Scripture every Lord’s Day. Through the preaching of the Gospel, the Holy Spirit justifies the ungodly and sanctifies the Christian. Our purpose is to preach and spread the Gospel because it is the means through which God extends His kingdom in the world and disciples His people.
OUR GOALS AND VALUES
Knowing and Worshiping God . . .
We are a church whose center of focus is the Gospel of Jesus Christ as it is manifested through the Word and Sacraments. The Old and New Testaments are about the life, death and resurrection of Jesus Christ. Therefore, our sermons are Christ centered and expository. The Sacraments of Baptism and Communion are the visible Gospel preached whenever administered. Therefore, we administer Baptism in the public worship service and Communion is administered weekly. Through the ordinary means of grace (Word, Sacrament and prayer), God ministers to us and we are conformed more and more to the image of Jesus Christ.
Loving One Another . . .
God loved us while we were in rebellion against Him. He justified us while we were ungodly. Therefore, we seek to be a community that reflects the love of God to others. We believe that a proper understanding of the Gospel leads the Christian to be loving and gracious to others. Jesus Christ served us by sacrificing himself on the cross. Focusing on this message leads the Christian to desire to serve others. We serve one another by sharing each other’s burdens, encouraging each other and rejoicing with each other.
Taking The Good News To The World . . .
We are a church that believes that God justifies the ungodly through the declaration of the Gospel. Therefore, we desire to see the Gospel spread throughout the community and the world. We encourage congregants to share the Gospel with their friends and family. We support missionaries that spread the Gospel in distant lands and we equip people to share the Gospel through our sermons and Bible studies.
Sharing God’s Mercy With a Hurting World . . .
We are a church that believes in helping hurting people. We bring Christ’s mercy to others through an active Deaconate. Christ established the office of Deacon to meet the needs of others. Therefore, our Deacons serve and encourage others to serve a hurting community.
Christ Church Presbyterian is a member congregation of the Presbyterian Church in America (PCA).
As a congregation of the PCA, Christ Church Presbyterian is governed by the Book of Church Order and embraces the Westminster Confession of Faith and the Westminster Larger and Shorter Catechisms as the system of doctrine taught in Holy Scripture. The Westminster standards contain many important affirmations, among which are the following major teachings…
- The Bible is the inspired and inerrant Word of God, the only infallible rule of faith and practice.
- There is one God, eternal and self-existing in three persons (Father, Son, and Holy Spirit).
- All of humanity, having fallen in Adam, is lost in sin and in need of a Savior.
- The sovereign God, by his own free grace, sent his Son, Jesus Christ, to be the Savior of his people through his atoning death, perfect life, and resurrection.
- Justification is by grace alone through faith on account of the merits of Christ alone.
- There is no salvation for anyone apart from faith in Christ.
- Believers must follow the Lord Jesus Christ in personal and often costly discipleship.
- The goal of God’s salvation in a Christian’s life is holiness, good works and service for God’s glory.
- Christians are called to reach into all the world to call people to faith in Christ and to help influence their world, both near and far, for good.
- The church is a fellowship of born again persons, committed to mutual love and service, helping one another grow in their Christian lives.
- At death the Christian’s soul passes immediately into glory in the presence of God, his body to be raised in glory on the last day.
- Jesus Christ will return to earth in visible glory, at a time not revealed, to consummate history, to judge all persons, to take those who have trusted in him to heaven, and to reign forever.